Loan PurposeFacilitate the acquisition and repair of a property, in order to quickly sell the property.
Overview Hard Money Low LTV Residential Loans
|Documentation Fees To Good Funds Lending, LLC (only charged if the loan is originated)||$1000|
|Pre-Approval Application Fee||$0|
|Appraisal Fee||$0 (Not Applicable)|
|Full Application Fee||$0|
|Maximum Loan Ratios*||Up to 70% of lower of est. current value or purchase price
LTV for commercial and industrial properties is case by case
|Maximum Funds Toward Rehab/Repair*||$0 (See the regular fix & flip loan program if borrowed rehab funds are needed)|
|Typical time required between submission of completed application and closing||10 business days for borrowers new to Good Funds Lending, LLC
5 business days for borrowers who have previously borrowed from Good Funds Lending, LLC
|Credit History||A credit score is not considered and there is no minimum credit score requirement. Credit history is examined with a focus on recent (the last 2 years) adverse events/actions (e.g. bankruptcy, foreclosures, frequent late payments etc.).|
|Loan Term Length||180 days
+Optional 180 day extension
|Regular Monthly Payments||1% of Initial Principal
(=Interest + small portion of Principal)
Due the last day of each calendar month
|Minimum Interest Period||1 day|
|Extension Fee||2% of loan principal balance due on the first day of the extension period|
|Closing/Underwriting Fees To Good Funds Lending, LLC||$0|
|Default Rates/Fees/Penalties||See Loan Documents|
Borrowers are responsible for all closing expenses and fees including without limitation title insurance, transfer fees, taxes, recording fees and other expenses collected by the Title Company/Closer (i.e. 3rd party closing costs)
*Loan to value ratios may vary by the type of property, loan type, seller relationships, loan size and other specifics. Purchase price refers to the net purchase price as determined by the contract price for the property less any concessions, payments or fees paid by the seller.
Qualifications & Requirements
The primary considerations in extending a loan commitment are the property value, the perspective borrowers’ relevant experience, and the perceived risk by Good Funds Lending, LLC. The following represent a subset of qualifications and requirements for loan consideration. The qualifications are considered collectively and loan commitments are not guaranteed even if all the qualifications and requirements listed here are met.
Subject Property (Asset) Requirements:
- The loan amount (initial principal) to the estimated market value of the subject property meet requirements
Borrower Qualifications/Requirements:Most loans provided (including the loan programs listed on this website) require that in addition to entity that holds title that there are 2 qualified human borrowers as well. Under certain circumstances, Good Funds Lending, LLC may offer loans with only 1 human cosigner, but the terms of the loan typically vary from the loan programs listed on the website (often the Loan To Value ratio is lower with a single human borrower, but other terms may also change).
- The borrower on title must be a corporation, LLC or partnership, registered with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- If the property will under go rehab, at least one cosigner on the loan must have completed at least 2 rehab projects of similar scale or large in the last 3 years (or have other qualifications which the Lender believes sufficient).
- No minimum income required; however, the borrowers should have sufficient funds (savings and/or income) to pay for closing expenses, hazard insurance, utilities, and property taxes and rehab expenses prior to draw disbursements as well as sufficient funds to pay for unexpected expenses and cost overruns.
- There is no minimum credit score, but credit histories are reviewed primarily focusing on the following: Debts that are currently past due, outstanding judgments, bankruptcy that have not been discharged, chronic late payments (a few late payments typically do not disqualify borrowers).
- Criminal conviction since the age of 18 years old (except some traffic violations and some misdemeanors) disqualify a borrower).
- Current, past or potential involvement with lawsuits, bankruptcies or foreclosures may also disqualify a borrower depending on circumstances.
- Income tax which are believed to be past due by the corresponding government may also disqualify a borrowers.
Title & Settlement Agent Requirements:
- Use of a settlement agent and title insurer that is acceptable to Good Funds Lending, LLC
- Loan title policy must include expanded coverage including the following endorsements: ALTA form 09-06/9.3-06 Form 100, ALTA form 8.1-06, ALTA 22-06 and ALTA 6.2 Form 110.8 (or equivalents endorsements; endorsements and requirements may vary by property type and other specifics)
- The title commitment is acceptable to us and the title insurance underwriter provides a verified closing protection letter prior to the closing
- The title commitment for the title loan policy must remove Standard Printed Exceptions (typically 1-4) and the Gap Exception. If there are are rehab funds in the loan, then Standard Printed Exception (4) may be modified to state any lien or right to a lien, for services, labor or material furnished, incurred and imposed after the date of closing.”
- Good Funds Lending, LLC loan must be a first lien on the property (except for property taxes not yet due and payable)
- The title commitment for the title loan policy must remove any exceptions not acceptable to Good Funds Lending, LLC.”
- Settlement agent must execute and return Good Funds Lending, LLC closing instructions at least 1 full business days prior to closing.
- Title Insurer must provide and verify an acceptable closing protection letter to Good Funds Lending, LLC at least 1 full business days prior to closing.
- Settlement Agent must supply acceptable settlement statements to Good Funds Lending, LLC at least 1 full business days prior to closing.
Hazard Insurance Requirements:
- Borrower must have and maintain hazard insurance policy with Good Funds Lending, LLC as the mortgagee during the entire term of the loan
- Underwriter has a current AM Best Financial Strength Rating of BBB+ or better, or a current Demotech Financial Strength Rating of A or better
- Typically for a single family detached house a vacant dwelling policy commonly known as ISO “Broad Form” or “DP-2” (without deletions or reductions) and including coverage for vandalism, and malicious mischief (including minimum coverage amounts and deductions do not exceed $2500) or other policy forms which may include endorsements such that policy includes the all perils and provides equivalent or increased coverage as a Vacant Dwelling Broad Form policy described above (e.g. Vacant Dwelling DP-3 without deletions or reductions).
- Endorsements must be included such that there are no gaps, exceptions, nor reductions in the above described required coverages related to renovation, construction or completion of renovation or construction, nor other gaps, exceptions, or reductions.
- Policy must be for replacement cost (not actual cash value also known as 'ACV' nor Agreed Value)
- Hazard Insurance Policy must include what is commonly known in the property insurance industry as a “Standard Mortgagee Clause”
- The mortgagee must receive written notice at least 30 days prior to any changes to the policy or listed insured parties. The mortgagee must receive written notice at least 30 days prior any non-renewal or cancellation of the policy for any reason other than non-payment. The mortgagee will receive written notice at least 10 days prior cancellation of the policy for non-payment.
- The hazard insurance includes at least $500,000 to $1,000,000 of liability coverage depending on the project and the property
- Required structural/dwelling coverage amounts varies but typically 90% or more of the estimated after rehab value of the property (and includes coverage for other structures if other structures exist such as unattached garages and decks)
- The hazard insurance is not a homeowner policy
- Proof of coverage or insurance binders including all requirements must be provided to Good Funds Lending, LLC prior to closing including hazard insurance agents/brokers are required to complete and sign a hazard insurance coverage confirmation form
- A flood insurance policy is required if the property is in what we consider to be a high risk flood area.
Additional Requirements & TermsThe qualifications and requirements listed on this page are not comprehensive. Additional requirements, terms and conditions are provided in the loan documents. In the event that loan documents are inconsistent with the information on this site the loan documents shall govern as neither this site nor the information contained within represent an offer.
- Estimated values, estimated costs or other judgments related to similarity referred to above are based on our estimates and opinions. We typically estimate market value of properties based on what we believe will be a price likely to produce a sale with in 30-45 days.
A hard money lender that that is easy to work with and talk to. Please contact us about your Colorado hard money questions.
Hard Money is not always the correct solution. Before using hard money, you should explore other financing options available. We are building a Colorado hard money business focused repeat business, where our borrowers use our hard money lending only when appropriate and as one part of their financing strategy.
Answers to frequently asked questions regarding Good Funds Lending, LLC and Colorado hard money loans are available on our Frequently Asked Questions Page.
Good Funds Lending, LLC focuses on providing Colorado hard money loans for: single family properties (non owner occupied), multi-unit buildings (2-40 units;non owner occupied), operating/occupied commercial properties, and operating/occupied industrial properties in the Denver Metro Area
Colorado is a wonderful place to live and do business. We are happy to be a part of the Denver business community.